Within One Year of High School Graduation
Data HighlightsUnit: Percent
Free or Reduced Lunch
This graph examines the percentage of students who enrolled in a public post-secondary education institution. It displays information for youth who:
- Spent time in out-of-home care before completing their secondary education,
- Were not in out-of-home care but received free or reduced lunch (an indication of poverty) during their secondary education
- Did not receive a free or reduced lunch and were not in out-of-home care while receiving secondary education.
Questions this graph can answer
Has there been a difference in post-secondary enrollment between youth who spent time in out-of-home care and those who did not?
- What percentage of students with disabilities enrolled in post-secondary education?
Third Grade Reading, for the percentage of children who met third grade literacy proficiency standards.
- College Completion, for the percentage of students who completed post-secondary education within 4 years of graduation.
Public post-secondary education institutions includes 2-year and 4-year colleges and universities in Washington State. Any individual who spent at least one day in out-of-home care during their secondary education has been included in the out-of-home care group.